Something I had never experienced before last year. Not sure why? Maybe I was afraid of onion and garlic in the morning. Although who says that you can only enjoy bagels in the morning? Somehow this combination of seasonings is actually quite amazing. It’s savory, salty and sweet (when combined with cream cheese)…..everything I crave in a day every day.
This recipe removes the bagel from the equation. I used the seasonings to spice up some chicken breasts. Then, for something sweet, I stuffed the breasts with cream cheese. All the flavors of an everything bagel.
You can actually use the seasonings to flavor anything. Mix it into cream cheese and spread on a plain bagel. Sprinkle over sliced potatoes for a zesty side dish. Mix into some hummus for a healthy treat. It really is a magical combination: sesame seeds, poppy seeds, minced onion and garlic. Who knew?!
Cream Cheese Stuffed Everything Chicken
- 2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 oz Cream Cheese, softened slightly
- 2 teaspoons Flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Seeds
- 2 teaspoons Poppy Seeds
- 2 teaspoons Dried Minced Onion
- 1 teaspoon coarsely Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Dried Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, slice the breasts from the side (creating a top and bottom) almost all the way through. Open each breast at the slit and place 1 oz cream cheese inside. Spread cheese across the surface and close the breast, folding the top half back over the cream cheese.
- Place the flour in a shallow dish. Place the beaten egg in a shallow dish. In a third shallow dish, mix the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried onion, salt and garlic. Roll each breast in the the flour , dip it in the egg , turning to coat. Then move the coated breast to the dish of seed mixture and coat it on all sides.
- In a small skillet, add the oil and bring over medium-high heat. Add the stuffed and coated chicken breasts to the pan and cook for about 1 minute until the seeds on the bottom are golden. Flip the breasts and cook for another minute on the other side. Transfer the breasts to the prepared baking sheet and place in the pre-heated oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes until chicken is fully cooked through.